Take your craft to new levels of immersion in an upcoming update.
What you need to know
- Dreams is a game-building game from Media Molecule.
- Dreams released earlier this year after a very lengthy development cycle.
- PSVR support is coming to Dreams on July 22 as part of a comprehensive update.
A few months ago, Media Molecule shared the news that Dreams would be receiving PlayStation VR (PSVR) support in the near future. Today, we finally got a release date for when to expect this update. Dreams is getting PSVR support on July 22. You can take a look at this new mode in action via a trailer below.
Media Molecule has included a new All Aboard VR introduction module that’ll help players understand how to use Dreams in PSVR. It’s important to note that you won’t be required to be in PSVR to build games for PSVR. Games built for PSVR will also have a comfort rating that’ll indicate how smooth an experience you’ll be undertaking. This update will also include some new gadgets that all players will be able to take advantage of.
If you haven’t picked up Dreams yet, you can check out our review. PlayStation lead Jennifer Locke wrote that “A true spiritual successor to LittleBigPlanet, Dreams is the pinnacle of content creation for the masses. It’s a transformative game that will be talked about and played for years to come.”
Create new worlds
- $30 at Amazon
- $30 at Walmart
- $40 at Best Buy
Vast new planes of existence
Dreams is, essentially, a game engine turned into a game. It lets users create new worlds and games while sharing them with other Dreams players. It’s been in development for several years but it’s finally here. Go wild!
Get More PSVR
From $237 at Amazon
- PlayStation VR review
- PlayStation VR: The ultimate guide
- PlayStation VR vs. Oculus Rift: How do they compare?
- How to get the perfect PSVR room setup
- The best PSVR games out right now
- The best PSVR accessories